Evacuation: Building Emergency Team (BET)
The chemistry building only has one sound to indicate an alarm: a ringing bell. No other sounds will come from the speakers. Any sound coming out of the building speakers means to GET OUT! You are required to evacuate by the nearest exit and not walk through the building to your favourite exit.
Each and every alarm is treated as a genuine emergency. Building Emergency Team (BET) Members are assigned on every floor of the building to ensure complete and prompt evacuation. You must obey the directions of the BET members, as they are for your safety!
- Third Floor
- Joe Gilroy (MSA)
- Second Floor
- Johanna M. Blacquiere
- First Floor
- Susan England,* Sandy Zakaria Holtslag,* Mike Brandt,* (undergraduate labs)
- Chris Levy*;(ChB research and administrative offices)
- Ground Floor
- Zhifeng Ding (MSA), François Lagugné-Labarthet (MSA)
- Yang Song, John Corrigan (ChB research labs/offices)
- Lower Ground Floor
- Rob Harbottle* (Chemistry Addition)
- Martin Stillman (research labs/offices)
- François Lagugné-Labarthet (MSA research labs/offices)
- Warren Lindsay (ChB Research labs/offices)
- Sherrie McPhee (ChemBioStores, ChB)
Note: Laboratory technicians (*) have acknowledged that they will ensure that the undergraduate labs clear completely.